Struggling with tracking a myriad of products throughout the supply chain? While many countries (including the US) are passing regulations that require serialization of pharmaceutical products, the sheer volume of units and products can make serialization management challenging.
The rfXcel Serialization Processing™ (rSP) application creates, manages, allocates and stores large volumes of individual and hierarchical serial numbers and can integrate with, and complement, any existing ERP system. It is a scalable solution so it can easily support exponential increases in volume and provides visibility and control of products throughout the global supply chain to help protect from counterfeits and ultimately protect patients.
If you need a reliable and automated solution that can manage serial numbers with hierarchy, look no further than rfXcel!
Manage Global Serialization with Ease
Create, manage and allocate serial numbers with ease, whether the numbers are needed for products in the US or across the globe. rSP includes a comprehensive serialization engine to create serial numbers, allocate those serial numbers to facilities, other systems, or any other criteria you define, and manage all serial numbers regardless of status, all from a single application.
- Create — easily create serial numbers based on criteria you define: alpha and/or numeric or any custom serial number format.
- Allocate — allocate serial numbers to specific lines, facilities, contract manufacturing organizations (CMO’s), third-party logistics organizations (3PL’s) or other locations.
- Manage — manage and ensure the uniqueness of serial numbers and their hierarchies, from the pallet down to the item-level. You can manage serial numbers with a variety of statuses, including active, inactive, allocated, unallocated, commissioned and decommissioned to ensure maximum control.
Maintain control with EPCIS repository
A full EPCIS repository is embedded in the application where all serial numbers can be viewed, managed and tracked.
- The central repository stores all event and transaction information and seamlessly interfaces with related rfXcel applications.
GS1 compliant for peace of mind
- Gives you flexibility to produce and manage multiple serial number formats including different GS1 SGTIN (Serialized Global Trade Item Number), SSCC and custom formats.
Flexibility to meet your unique serialization needs
rSP is flexible enough to complement or “co-exist” with any ERP system, including SAP AII / OER deployments.
- Integrates seamlessly with ERP systems and generate, store and share serial numbers or import serial numbers generated from an ERP system.
- Import and manage serial numbers generated by external parties, such as the Chinese government and CMO’s.
Manage hierarchies for enhanced visibility
rSP is scalable and can create, manage and store large volumes of individual and hierarchical serial numbers for enhanced visibility and control of product throughout the supply chain.
- Easily support exponential increases in volume and unlimited data hierarchies (e.g. units in cases, cases in pallets, pallets in containers, etc.) for critical insight and inference of serial numbers in sealed containers.
Create and manage serial numbers your way
Automatically generate serial numbers in multiple ways to meet the needs of your business – randomized, sequenced or any custom method you choose.
- Distribute serial numbers to an unlimited number of facilities, packaging line systems, CMO’s and government entities around the world.
- Distributed architecture allows satellite locations to continue operations when connectivity with the central repository is temporarily lost so business can continue without grinding to a halt.
Gain confidence in your data
Unique matching technology automatically validates and monitors serial numbers to ensure there are no duplicates or errors in any of the serialization rules or logic.
- Get peace of mind knowing all serial numbers created are unique and errors will be mitigated.
- The application is constantly on alert to eliminate redundancy and prevent an overlap of serial numbers, regardless of the status of each serial number (active, inactive, etc.).
Powerful suite of applications to propel you ahead
Seamless integration with every rfXcel application—rfXcel US Compliance Management™ (rCM US), rfXcel Global Compliance Management™ (rCM Global),and the rfXcel traceability applications—will save you time and unify all applications into a single platform to help position yourself ahead of the competition and comply with 2017 DSCSA serialization requirements—today.
Instant insight improves patient safety
As an option, rSP supports a mobile application to give users instant insight and instantly authenticate and verify product validity using lots and/or serial numbers to help improve patient safety.
- The mobile app works on Android or iOS operating systems.
- Users can instantly verify and authenticate product information and help improve patient safety by scanning linear, 2D and 3D bar codes or reading RFID tags.
- Users can view transaction history and chain of custody information for every bar code scanned or RFID tag read.
Simple to use, yet powerful to get the job done
rSP is powerful and sophisticated to work in the most complex environments, yet its intuitive UI and task oriented screens easily guide you through the creation and management of serial numbers, leading to successful outcomes and fewer errors.
Powerful search helps save time
Proprietary data architecture leads to powerful search and data filtering functionality to help quickly find exactly what you need, when you need it.
- All serialized data is stored in a central database and searchable format so it’s effortless and fast to query and retrieve detailed information.
- Customize search queries and report generation.
Gain trust through verification
Product verification leads to improved information and visibility along the supply chain, and helps build trust among your trading partners.
- rSP lets your trading partners effortlessly verify serial (and/or lot) numbers through customer portals or the rfXchange™.
- Verification allows you to better manage your business and supply chain risk and gives you and your trading partners key insight into chain of custody and ownership, product authentication and product recalls and helps heighten awareness of counterfeits, theft and channel diversion earlier in the process.
You’re in Total Control
Validate your system and upgrade when you want, without the complexity, downtime and disruption to your business.
- rSP is built on private cloud technology, which allows your own unique instance and implementation to be fully validated to ensure your specific requirements are met.
- Unlike multi-tenant solutions running on public cloud technology, rfXcel’s private cloud technology is tailored to meet your unique specifications and requirements, and enables you to be on your own version of the rfXcel solution.
- There’s no application sharing or forced upgrades that can ultimately negate your validation, giving you more control, reliability and security.