rfXcel Finished Goods Traceability
The growing number of highly publicized product recalls and thefts has countries around the world enacting laws to protect patients and preserve the integrity of drugs across the pharmaceutical supply chain. These issues have only highlighted the need by pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors to efficiently track and trace products. Track and trace requires the ability to follow finished goods throughout the supply chain and is key to protecting against counterfeits, thefts and diversions, all while protecting public health, improving patient safety, mitigating business risks, and improving business competitiveness.
To protect your brand and ensure patient safety, you need to be able to quickly execute product recalls and identify counterfeit products, thefts and channel diversion. Enter the rfXcel Finished Goods Traceability™ (rFGT) application. rFGT provides a comprehensive demand-side traceability solution, providing forward and backward tracking of products through the supply chain. rFGT replaces manual and paper-based methods prone to error and eliminates hassles and concerns, providing extensive visibility into downstream inventories and locations.
Get better insight into your supply chain to protect against counterfeits
rFGT gives you the ability to completely trace finished goods throughout your internal and external supply chains.
- Get instant insight into where your product is and inventory levels at all times, allowing you to identify counterfeits and suspect products easier.
- When coupled with the rIT application, you can get a complete end-to-end view of your finished products – from the final sale to the patient all the way back to the ingredient level.
Quickly react to product recalls to minimize cost and disruption
Respond more quickly and accurately to product recall issues or quality issues.
- Using the built-in tools, you can easily identify which specific products and associated batches, lots, serial numbers, bar codes and RFID tags are impacted, understand the exposure, and notify impacted downstream customers to minimize disruption and cost.
- Get automated alerts for recalled products via email or text, with tiered notification functionality.
Flexible track and trace model
rFGT is highly flexible so it can support and track the product identifiers your distribution channels already use, whether its batches, lots, serial numbers, bar codes, RFID tags or any other unique identifier.
- The application supports industry standards and technologies already in place, including EAN.UCC, GS1, and EPCglobal.
Real-time product authentication improves patient safety
Downstream customers can instantly authenticate and verify product validity using lots and/or serial numbers to help improve patient safety.
- rFGT supports an optional mobile application that works on Android or iOS operating systems, allowing customers to instantly verify and authenticate product information by scanning linear, 2D and 3D bar codes or reading RFID tags.
- Product authentication not only provides peace of mind for customers, but also helps identify counterfeit product in the supply chain.
Manage risk through better operability and visibility
rFGT helps to open up the supply chain and provides interoperability and visibility between trading partners so everybody can more easily connect the dots.
- The application lets your trading partners effortlessly verify product as it moves through the supply chain through customer portals or the rfXchange™.
- Verification allows you to:
- better manage your business and supply chain risk,
- gives you and your trading partners key insight into chain of custody and ownership, product authentication and product recalls, and
- heighten awareness of counterfeits, theft and channel diversion earlier in the process.
Optimize supply chain planning to maximize value for you….and your customers
Using rFGT provides real business value beyond traceability, providing you and your customers an inventory, dispense and product reorder management system.
- With its easy-to-read dashboard and automatic reordering functionality, you get a better understanding of your downstream inventories to help you plan better.
- Manage customers’ inventory to help minimize out-of-stocks and overstocking to improve your cash flow, maximize value for you and your customers, and improve customer service.
- The application can also be used as a dispense management tool, preserving patient safety by ensuring the correct product, at the proper dosage, is delivered and dispensed at the right time.
Powerful search helps save time
Proprietary data architecture leads to powerful search and data filtering functionality to help quickly find exactly what you need, when you need it.
- All data is stored in a central database and searchable format so it’s effortless and fast to query and retrieve detailed information.
- Customize search queries and report generation.
Stay on top of your business with insightful alerts and exception handling
Standard exception handling triggers, rules, alerts and notifications ensure you’re on top of all supply chain issues such as over- and under-shipments and your business doesn’t come to a standstill if exceptions are found.
- Customize triggers and alerts, as well as determine and create unique rules and workflows that must be followed once an exception is triggered.
- Alerts are only triggered when there is an issue.
- Send alerts and notifications to recipients inside and outside your company to ensure everybody is on the same page and appropriate safeguards are in place.
Flexibility to work with existing systems
rFGT is flexible enough to complement or “co-exist” with any ERP or business system, and supports “system-to-system” integration.
- Unique data verification technology allows “plug-n-play” integration with existing ERP, inventory management and other business systems to ensure the highest data accuracy and information flows without hiccups.
- Also eliminates the redundancy of getting information into each of the systems.
You’re in total control
Validate your system and upgrade when you want, without the complexity, downtime and disruption to your business.
- rFGT is built on private cloud technology, which allows your own unique instance and implementation to be fully validated to ensure your specific requirements are met.
- Unlike multi-tenant solutions running on public cloud technology, rfXcel’s private cloud technology is tailored to meet your unique specifications and requirements, and enables you to be on your own version of the rfXcel solution.
- There’s no application sharing or forced upgrades that can ultimately negate your validation, giving you more control, reliability and security.
Gain peace of mind from a proven and reliable platform
rFGT is also built on the same rock-solid technology platform and transaction engine already trusted by hundreds of customers. You can rest assured knowing you’re using a proven, reliable system.
Insightful audit trails helps save time
An extensive set of built-In audit trails help you easily find and discover user activities, events and transactions to give you actionable insight.
- Drill into details to better understand the history behind each transaction and event information.
Powerful suite of applications to propel you ahead
Seamless integration with every rfXcel application – rfXcel US Compliance Management™ (rCM US), rfXcel Global Compliance Management™ (rCM Global),and rfXcel Serialization Processing™ (rSP) – will save you time and unify all applications into a single platform to help position yourself ahead of the competition and comply with 2017 DSCSA serialization requirements – today!
- rFGT can also be used as a stand-alone solution if you choose to provide an inventory, dispense and product reorder management platform for your trading partners.
Maintain control with EPCIS repository
A full EPCIS repository is embedded in the application where all transactions can be viewed, managed and tracked.
- The central repository stores all event and transaction information and seamlessly interfaces with related rfXcel applications.
Save time with flexible and automated reporting
rFGT provides flexible and automated reports, allowing you to effortlessly create, save, retrieve and exchange reports for all your trading partners and freeing you from manual reporting processes and maintenance.
- Get detailed information and reports on inventory and serialization hierarchy, events and transactions.
- All reports are available in real-time and fully customizable.